Welcome to the January 2017 Loving My Actual Life Challenge!
How to Get Started on the January Challenge:
- First go through the January Awareness Questions to help you think about the idea of quiet in your life and about ways you can get more quiet or use it more meaningfully. You can brainstorm and choose one to three ideas that you’d like to make into your goals.
- Next, you might want to check out the January Ideas and Resources to inspire you further. You can add to or adjust your goals if you like.
- You might want to try to make your goals “SMART”. (Don’t worry too much about this right now, though.) That means you describe them specifically so you know exactly what you’ll be doing, as well as make them measurable by describing “how much” or “how often” you’ll do the goal. Make them attainable and realistic, which means don’t make them too hard for yourself. And make them “timed” which means you need to write down when the goal should be completed. If one month isn’t realistic to complete the goal, either make it a smaller goal, or extend your deadline until later.
- Then (and only if you want to), post your January goals in the comment section below (you could e-mail me with them if you wanted, as well). I’ll let you know my goals in the comment section, too.
- During the month of January you’ll receive a few e-mails from me to encourage you. You can also read my blog posts in January based on the idea of “quiet” to inspire you. Here’s the first one about “quiet” entitled “Are you Experiencing More ‘Silent Nights’ or ’10 Pipers Piping?’ [January Challenge: Quiet]”
- Also, if you like, let me (and this community) know some of your struggles or victories as you go along in the comments below.
- You can also join with me to encourage others who comment.
(Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.)