Are you a woman who is an International Student, immigrant, or expat and who wants to thrive in your new country?
Being an immigrant or international student isn’t always easy…
- You need to communicate in a second language (if your first language is not the language spoken primarily in your new country)
- You need to develop new friendships and a new community to help you
- You need to learn new ways of doing things
- You need to learn where everything is that you need, such as schools, stores, and offices
- You may be far from family and friends who live in your home country
- You may miss a lot about your home country
But despite these (and other) challenges, I do believe that you can enjoy living in your new country and achieve your dreams!
My name is Erica Morison and I’m a Certified Professional Life Coach and a Certified English as a Second Language Teacher, and I’d love to help you grow in different areas of your life, as well as improve in your English abilities (if needed).
I’ve coached with success many women over the last year to make a lot of progress in their dreams and goals. I also taught ESL for 2 1/2 years in high school and tutored in ESL for more than 2 additional years.
I love to help people of all languages and cultures to grow in confidence in who they are and what they want to do in life!
My coaching and tutoring sessions are generally over Skype, but can also be by e-mail, if you prefer.
Your first 1/2 hour Discovery session over Skype is free so you can get to know me and decide if you’d like to work with me. You can ask me any questions about the life coaching or tutoring then, too.
During the free session, I will also get to know you a little better and learn about what your needs are for improving your life, as well as your needs for improving your English abilities.
Here are some of the topics we may talk about, according to your needs and desires:
- discover more about your dreams, interests and abilities and what career or educational choices might fit you best according to your values
- learn about the differences between your new culture and your first culture as well as about culture shock, and help you think about how you can both love your first culture and adapt to this one
- learn about your strengths and weaknesses and how you can be more comfortable and confident in who you are
- learn how you can make more connections in Canada and build a community of people to support you
- improve your relationships with family in your home country or here in Canada
- learn how you can have work/life balance, getting enough rest, fun, and work/study into your life while meeting your goals
- learn how you can share your culture as well as your other gifts and abilities with others
- if you are a parent, we can talk about any hopes are struggles you are having in parenting your kids
- other topics you want to discuss
If you would like ESL tutoring, as well as life coaching, I will first assess your English writing and speaking abilities to learn more about your English-learning needs. I will then coach you according to the topics above and also help you with your English– either written English (by e-mail) or spoken English (either during the session, or afterwards, through e-mail.)
I’d be so happy to help you become more confident and comfortable in your new country!
Packages and Prices
Here are the coaching/ESL packages available so far:
A. E-mail Coaching/ESL sessions
A package of 3 weeks of e-mails (over 1 and 1/2 months) = $75 CAD.
($25/week of e-mails back and forth –usually at least 4 e-mails from you and 4 from me).
B. Skype Coaching/ESL sessions
A package of three 45-minute – hour sessions (over 1 and 1/2 months) = $90 CAD.
($30/45-minute – 1 hour session.)
**If you are not satisfied, you can cancel at any time to get your money back for the remaining weeks/sessions.
I look forward to hearing from you! Contact me if you have any questions.
You can also contact me to schedule your free Discovery session to see if life coaching and tutoring with me is for you!